Gathering together around the dinner table to share daily happenings with meaningful conversation is a great way to end any day. But did you know doing so can have lasting effects on your family?
Routine family meals have been shown to:
- Reduce Risky behaviors like smoking and drinking.
- Increase intake of nurishing foods including fruits, vegetables and dairy.
- Improve academic performance.
- Foster stronger family relationships.
- Increase sense of well-being and self-esteem.
With the incredible role eating consistently as a family has on health, well-being and connection, it's clear to see how imporant it is to make family meals a priority.
Join the #FamilyMealsMovement
September is National Family Meals Month™! Join the movement and pledge to commit to eating at least one more family meal each week.